* The Venture Development Center is a managed incubator designed to meet the needs of business, university, and student entrepreneurs with early stage and emerging ventures. We offer best-in-class business mentoring, interns, connections and state-of-the-art facilities.
* Our Entrepreneur in Residence who provides one to one mentoring is a 25 year veteran of venture capital backed start-up companies. Business mentoring is focused on getting to market and investment. At the VDC, entrepreneurs accelerate time to investment and markets, while keeping costs to a minimum and enjoying a convenient location overlooking the harbor islands.
* Most of our incubator residents are growing companies in life science, social impact and high tech.
* Through our student entrepreneurship program, UMass students work side by side with entrepreneurs on product development , marketing, sales, information technology and finance teams; learn about the commercialization, venture capital, and entrepreneurship; and build a network of technology industry executives and investors. Some of these internships are located in the VDC. Others are located at venture-backed start-up firms in the region through our special arrangement with leading venture capital firms.
* The Venture Development Center places 30 UMass students each year in venture-backed start-up companies. Sixty percent of graduates receive full-time positions.
* If you are just getting started, you may only need a professional location for occasional business meetings. When you are ready to make a full time commitment, you may choose your own desk in our coworkspace, or your own private office. A larger technical team is easily served in one of the dry or wet labs. You can double your space as your requirements change, since the labs are configurable into suites.
* All of the options feature the savings of no long-term lease, no full-time admin staffing costs and no need to build out infrastructure or buy furnishings or equipment – just professional ready-to-use workspace available on a month to month basis with shared business services. Companies may stay up to three years.
Cost: All-inclusive, month to month package features one to one business mentoring, screened interns, connections, workspace and business services. A private office for two persons is $1,250 per month. We do not accept equity.