- This event has passed.
BPMA & MIT — So, You Say You Want to Be a Product Manager?
February 7 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$5
So, what does a Product Manager do anyway?
Join MIT’s School of System Design and Management (sdm) & the Boston Product Management Association (BPMA) for an evening to demystify the career of Product Management.
We’ll hear from a series of great speakers on the following topics:
- What skills do product leaders lean on to get their job done
- How much of their toolkit was acquired academically vs on the job
- What would they go back to school to learn if they could
- Do these skills change from industry to industry — Healthcare vs Hardware vs High Tech
You can take these learnings and apply them to your job, regardless of the stage of your career:
- What skills should you continue to sharpen
- Should you take a class or volunteer for a challenging project at work
- How should you balance your hard vs soft skills toolkit
Join us for an evening of drinks, food and speakers from a variety of industries who have real-world experience. They’ll provide their insight and guidance on what to it’s like on the other side and how to break into this particular space.
Cadence of Evening:
6:00 – Registration & Networking
6:45-7:05 – First Round of Speakers
7:05-7:20 – Break & Networking
7:20-7:35 – Keynote Speaker
7:35-7:50 – Break & Networking
7:50-810 – Second Round of Speakers
8:10-9:00 – Q&A, Networking & Adjourn
Registration is limited. Online purchases only. All ticket types are sold online via Eventbrite:
- Advanced: $5
- BPMA members will receive $5 discount upon checkout. Please enter your BPMA member account email address as the promo code
Note: At-the-door tickets are sold only via EventBrite app or Eventbrite website on the day of the event. No cash payments accepted.
Want to submit your own event? Create an account here