- This event has passed.
Cooley Diversity Fellowship 2019
As part of Cooley’s ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion, we are proud to offer diversity fellowships to outstanding first-year law school students. Award recipients will receive a paid 1L summer associate position and an award of up to $30,000 to assist with law school tuition.The award will be paid in three installments: $10,000 upon completion of the 1L summer with the firm; $10,000 upon completion of the 2L summer with the firm; and the remaining $10,000 upon joining the firm as a full-time associate. Students who demonstrate a commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion are encouraged to apply.
We welcome applications from all law school students who:
- Are enrolled full-time in an ABA-accredited law school with an anticipated graduation date of 2021 at the time of application
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion within their local communities and/or more broadly
- Can participate in and complete Cooley’s 2019 Summer Associate program
- Will not be the recipient of a diversity award from another law firm paid between January 1, 2019, and August 31, 2019
Fellows will be selected based on consideration of the following factors:
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion
- Undergraduate and law school academic performance achievement
- Personal achievement
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Community service
Applications must be submitted online and should include:
- A complete and accurate online application; only one application will be considered
- A personal statement no more than one single-spaced page in length, demonstrating the achievement of the selection criteria for the diversity fellowship
- Current resume
- Undergraduate transcript
- Graduate program transcripts, if applicable
- Law school transcript following the receipt of first-term grades
For 1L students in the 2018–2019 academic year, applications must be received by January 4, 2019. Upon receipt of first-term law school grades, please send a copy of your law school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected applicants will be contacted on a rolling basis to arrange for personal interviews.
Please direct any inquiries to email@example.com
Want to submit your own event? Create an account here