- This event has passed.
Employee Compensation & Equity: Preparing for Growth
March 9, 2020 @ 11:45 am - 2:00 pmFree – $35
Understanding equity compensation is crucial as you prepare to grow and scale your team. Learn how to create an equity plan that’s both attractive to new hires and promotes retention. We’ll discuss best equity compensation practices from a legal and accounting perspective when hiring, firing and incentivizing your team that will align with your startup’s fundraising and growth goals.
Questions that will be covered include:
- What is equity and how do you allocate it?
- As an early stage company with little revenue, how should I think about equity when hiring?
- How should I structure my non-competes and protect my IP rights?
- Who should receive equity now and over time?
- How do I determine “market” compensation for my sector and stage?
- What is the difference between shares, stock options and profits interests?
- What should founders and C-Suite team members receive now and through key milestones?
- What are the tax implications for me and my team?
- How should I structure offer letters and termination policies?
Lunch will be provided.
Want to submit your own event? Create an account here