- This event has passed.
Guide to Raising an Angel Seed Round – Part 1: Angels Perspective
January 16 @ 11:45 am - 2:00 pmFree – $35
Not all angel groups are created equal. Hear from the leaders of the top angel groups in Boston on where to begin when you are approaching angel groups. Learn what to expect, what they like to see, and how to make your application and pitch stand out.
Questions answered will include:
- How do you approach angel groups?
- How do you get a Champion?
- What are the most important parts of the application? What aspects of my company will Angels care most about?
- What is the best way to prepare for your pitch to an angel group?
- What about the JOBs act – how has that changed the landscape?
Lunch is provided.
Angel Investor at Launchpad Venture Group
Angel Investor at Launchpad Venture Group, Sky Ventures, Walnut Ventures
Vicky Wu Davis
Investor at Beacon Angels, Mentor at MIT Venture Mentoring Service, Executive Director & Founder & Youth CITIES
Vicky is a member of Beacon Angels, a Boston-based angel group that makes investments in the $50k to $400k range in early-stage, fast-growing companies. Vicky cares deeply about education equity. Inspired by the birth of her older son, she founded Youth CITIES, an education nonprofit, to teach innovative and entrepreneurial thinking for middle and high school students…to democratize access to that education, and help kids realize that there’s room for different personalities, backgrounds, interests, and abilities to make an impact in this world.
Angel Investor at Mass Medical Angels
Eric Evans is part of the executive committee at Mass Medical Angels (MA2), a seed stage investor group exclusively focused on life science and healthcare investments. Their mission is to bring more clinical tools to the marketplace, while attaining superior returns for their investors through financing and mentoring early-stage life-science companies so that they can obtain further funding, reach positive cash-flows or get acquired. MA2 invests in medical devices, therapeutics, diagnostics, health services, health information technologies, and relevant research-related tools including laboratory equipment. Eric is also a consultant and interim CEO of Growth Analytics, which provides advice to Fortune 500 companies on issues of business growth – specializing in commercial opportunity assessments; finding and negotiating in-licensing and alliance agreements.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional, educational and/or marketing materials.
- TCN events are open to entrepreneurs and investors only, or approved guests of TCN. Service providers of any type must join TCN as a Sponsor. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Want to submit your own event? Create an account here