- This event has passed.
Motivational Mondays • Learn » Inspire » Network
October 17, 2016 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Created at Stanford University, California in 2014, and replicated in Melbourne, Sydney, Barcelona and Prague – Motivational Mondays is now coming to Boston.
With previous guest speakers attending from Facebook, Disney, Apple and Google – Motivational Mondays is a different type of event/workshop to anything you’ve ever attended before.
It’s a great opportunity for entrepreneurs and wannabe founders with a startup or project idea to get feedback from a group of like-minded people, or aspiring entrepreneurs, to have their ideas ignited and inspired. Unlike most “pitch nights” and networking events, we’ve figured out how everyone attending can make the most of every minute in there.
So come down to Network, Learn and Inspire!
How’s It Work?
- Held on every second Monday, participants are invited to attend and learn about the different ideas people are working on. If you don’t have an idea, thats okay, attend and maybe you’ll get inspired to create your own. If you already have an idea and what to get some feedback? Perfect.
- An opportunity to see what ideas people are working on.
- Listen in, learn and be motivated about your own project.
- Brainstorm with other like-minded people about real life projects to come up with new solutions.
5:30pm – 5:59pm Grab your guest pass from security on the ground floor
6:00pm Networking and mixing
6:15pm Ice breakers
6:30pm Welcome and run-through
6:50pm First speaker, followed by Silent Survey and Q&A
7:10pm Second speaker, followed by Silent Survey and Q&A
7:30pm *Guest speaker, or Third speaker
7:50pm Roundtable RapidFire
8:00pm Wrap up, closing statements and speaker selection for next week.
You are getting a chance to brainstom your idea, or promote your business to a number of other motivated individuals, whom you could hire, get feedback from or survey.
How Speakers Are Selected
3 Speakers are chosen in the following ways:
- 1 x pre-register via Eventbrite.
- 1 x First arrivals to the event who volunteers.
Ideally there will be 2-speakers a night, but if time persists this could become 3 or even 4. To give everyone an opportunity to speak, if you spoke the previous session, you will be a second preference for this one.
Tell us in 10-minutes:
- What is your proposed idea, or existing business?
- What are the issues you are facing?
- How can we help you?
Leave 5-minutes at the end of your talk:
For attendees to ask questions, brainstorm your idea and provide suggestions. Feel free to bring any business cards, paper handouts or merchandise/food you want to offer attendees.
[Must attend a Motivational Monday to reveal]
Guest Speakers are experienced people who are occasionally invited to come inspire and share their knowledge about their entrepreneurial journey. As mentioned, in the past we’ve had people attend from Facebook, Google, Apple and Disney.
- Treat others how you want to be treated.
- Phones on silent
- Laptops on mute
- If you bring food have enough for everyone, and
- Most importantly.here are no bad ideas – just ideas that need work.
Want to submit your own event? Create an account here