- This event has passed.
(Postponed: New date TBD) Raising A Seed Round: Creating a Fundraising Strategy for Female Founders
March 26, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Consistent with Governor Baker’s guidance 3.10.20, effective immediately through Friday, May 1, 2020, we are postponing this workshop. New date TBD.
The pressures of running a business while looking for funding causes many startup founders to underestimate the importance of creating a clear fundraising strategy. You don’t want to waste your (and the investor’s) time raising money without a clear timeline and plan. In this workshop, experienced investors and entrepreneurs will guide you on how to best, prepare, plan and execute a strategy, even before you sit down for your first investor coffee meeting.
This workshop will also address the specifics of what it means to raise a seed round as a female founder in Boston and provide practical tips and interactive exercises so you can start applying these to the specifics of your company.
Key questions answered will include:
- What does raising a seed round mean and is my company ready?
- How can I best prepare for a seed raise?
- How can I best align running my company and running a fundraising round?
- What’s the process and timeline of raising seed round with angels?
- How do I find and understand who the right investors are for my company?
- What should I, as a female founder know about raising a seed round in Boston?
Lunch is provided.
Please note that seats are limited, registration doesn’t guarantee you a spot. Please fill in the registration form to apply for your ticket by March 21st. Entrepreneurs will be informed via email as to whether they have been chosen to participate no later than March 24th.
Entrepreneurs that are chosen should plan to attend the Fundraising Strategy event on March 26th from 11am to 2pm. If you can no longer make it, please cancel your tickets so that we can give it to other entrepreneurs.
Please note that this is a women-only event. We use an inclusive definition of “woman” and “female” and welcome trans women and any others who identify as a woman in a way that is significant to them.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional, educational and/or marketing materials.
- TCN events are open to entrepreneurs and investors only, or approved guests of TCN. Service providers of any type must join TCN as a Sponsor. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Want to submit your own event? Create an account here