- This event has passed.
Webinar: How Corporate VCs Can Spur Innovation Within Corporates and the Ecosystem?
December 6, 2018 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pmFree
How Corporate VCs Can Spur Innovation Within Corporates and the Ecosystem: The Engie New Ventures, Redaptive, and Connected Energy Case Studies
This webinar will discuss how the venture arm of corporates and early-stage companies can engage, as well as the benefits and challenges of doing so. Developing new technologies in a mature market, being able to iterate fast, launching new products that may change the status quo, and exploring new markets is not an easy task for any of the sides. So how can entrepreneurs and corporates collaborate in a beneficial way?
We will start with an exploration of Engie New Ventures‘ invests in and partners with early-stage companies, as well as how the fund complements existing activities and resources to spur internal innovation within ENGIE. Then we will examine two case studies to illustrate that – Redaptive and Connected Energy.
Attendees will learn:
- The several ways a corporate VC can engage with early stage startups
- The formats a strategic partnership can take
- The importance of aligning strategies, customer value, sponsorship and patience
- How a partnership can help leverage resources
- Different needs require different partners
- Scott Pinizzotto, Senior Investment Director, Engie New Ventures
- Sheeraz Haji, Senior Advisor, Engie New Ventures
- Joel Ullmann, CMO, Redaptive
- Matthew Lumsden, CEO, Connected Energy
- Moderator: Mark Barnett, Partner at Foley Hoag; Co-Chair, Energy & Cleantech Group
- Presenter: Alistair Pim, VP Innovation and Partnerships, NECEC
Want to submit your own event? Create an account here